CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old May 02, 2002, 01:48 PM
Veteran

Default Computer won't boot up since i put a new Graphics card in???

sponsored links

HI all,
I try'd to put a new graphics card in mt PC,and it would not boot, then i tryd it in another pc and it worked fine ive put my old graphics card back in and now its the same nothing when switching the PC on the fans come on but no beep like it usually does.
the graphics cards are ok and monitor is ok,ive even tryd the graphics card from my other PC which is PSI type as the new one is AGP but still nothing.Have i fryed my motherboard???
Please HELP
Cheers
Crofty

Spec
Abit KT7A motherboard
Athlon 1.4
two hard drives
CD-R Drive
CD ROM Drive
512 mb Ram
Old graphics card-Voodoo5500 64mb AGP
New Graphics card-geforce4 MX440 64mb AGP
Old May 02, 2002, 01:54 PM
Veteran

This might sound stupid but make sure you have pushed the AGP card in really hard. Although it may appear its in as I found once it wasn't fully in.

Roger
Old May 02, 2002, 02:07 PM
Veteran

Thanks for the reply m8 but i've tryd that.
Cheers
Crofty
Old May 02, 2002, 02:43 PM
Veteran

Default Re: Computer won't boot up since i put a new Graphics card in???

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Crofty [/i]
[B]Have i fryed my motherboard???[/B]
Don't think so mate. Remove all the cards and memory modules from the Mainboard. Blow away all the dust from the cabinet. Clean the contact edges of all the cards and memory. Re-insert all the stuff in it's own respective places. Also remove the fittings (screws) of mainboard and refit. Just to make sure it's is not 'moved' slightly from it's place.

If that doesn't work then try to shuffle the position of memory module(s) and if not AGP or On-board card then PCI VGA (display) card.

If no success... then remove every thing again and try the power ON with Mainboard, CPU, memory and graphics card only. Then all the other devices one by one.

HTH m8 !!
Old May 02, 2002, 03:45 PM
Veteran

Just tryed all that m8 still no luck ,it's doing my head in
CHeers
Crofty
Old May 03, 2002, 06:29 AM
Veteran

How long did you wait? when you turned the PC on? it might be a while to initialize, and the monitor will come on, try it.

Regards
Closed Thread