CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Data Protection/Compression
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 08, 2002, 04:11 AM

sponsored links

Thanks King for your help
Is it possible to guide me step by step. How do i use Freelock.....
Is there any other software require with Freelock... etc etc. (if yes then please send me the url).
Because i have already tried TZcopy protection software. and i am sucessfully protect a cd but, This protection dosent work on DOS (i am using 2 gb dummy track for protection. And Right know i have a accer 16x and Iomega 40x writer). i have no problem if its not 100 percent copy protected but atleast anyone not able to copy it through a normal CD-ROM in any mode ie its Windows or DOS.

Thanks for your help
Old May 08, 2002, 12:32 PM
Veteran

don't know the url of freelock, but it's linked on my site (banner below) downloads->various
D/L freelock 1.3 from there.
you need one floppy disk 1.44 MB, best you format it before. read the helpfile in the zip, and double-click on the .bat (i think, it's all in the readme file).
Once you have yer Flock disk, you're done. don't lose this diskette as this is the only thing you'll ever need.

Now make yer images w/ cdrwin. (no crack or it won't work)
go into dos prompt and type "a:freelock c:\images\game.cue" (or whatever the directory is, w: only one space between the commando s).
Make sure the name (of the .cue) is no longer then 8 characters.
you'll see in dos the freelock image/logo and a msg that says proces completed succesfully or something similar.
let me know if it worked for you

[url=********users.skynet.be/kingnero][img]********users.skynet.be/kingnero/leftstart/kn.jpg[/img]
Old May 09, 2002, 01:19 AM

it says that the freelock is only for psx game. is there any for regular cd that i create?
Old May 09, 2002, 01:51 AM

Hi Beanieb0y
Yes TZcopy protection for Data CD. but it dosent work in Dos mode (or i think i miss some step)
Old May 09, 2002, 01:58 AM

is it better in dos mode?
Old May 10, 2002, 04:25 AM
Veteran

no, it's just the interface that is different, whether you use any prog either in dos or the 32 bit version, it is not necessary any better or worse.