CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 13, 2002, 12:12 PM

sponsored links

No, I think this is how it works:
ISO16.RAW is a fake IP.bin, but the Dreamcast still allows it. We suspect that it is bigger than a real IP.bin however this is not true, the split.exe removes the exact same amount of bites from the ISO that is extra in the ISO16.RAW!

To get it to boot I just followed the steps through. The SEGA logo comes up and then the screen goes black and then it repeats itself - must be some sort of reset code. I've tried swapping for a PS1 backed-up game but the DC just goes to the Music Screen.
Old May 13, 2002, 01:42 PM

Did ya try swapping it with a STORE bought psx game?
That sucks that its fake though, i really would have liked to toss my playstation.
Old May 13, 2002, 03:16 PM

Oh yeah, I tried it with a Demo Disk, if it was real that should of worked? I have a few coasters someone may want to trade
Old May 19, 2002, 12:32 PM

quote:
I downloaded it, and this is why I think it's 100% FAKE:
1) ISO16.RAW is not a valid IP file
2) When you burn it to cd, we presume 1BLEEM.BIN is the 1ST_READ, when really if you extract an image of the disk the IP asks for a MIL???? (? indicates I forgotten the rest of the filename)
end quote:

i'de guess that iso16.raw has been extracted (from whatever source?) in the wrong mode?...i know it don't add up, or a simple rip with a hex editor maybe?, cos if u cut 16 bytes from the begining and 4608 bytes from the end u will have an ip.bin that u can open (and edit) with ipbin4win.exe and it does look for 1bleem.bin!...the media type is: MIL CD1/1 (indicating audio/data...i think? ;-)...would be interesting to use this ip.bin with another game or sommat, see if it'll work

No, I think this is how it works:
ISO16.RAW is a fake IP.bin, but the Dreamcast still allows it. We suspect that it is bigger than a real IP.bin however this is not true, the split.exe removes the exact same amount of bites from the ISO that is extra in the ISO16.RAW!
end quote:

i wondered what spit.exe was...i didn't wanna run it, despite scanning it fro virus....feel like a complete wuss now!(hehe)...so it's a patch then? to cut the size of the ip.bin...why bother when u could've just extracted it in the correct mode and get a valid ip.bin....lots of elaborate, confusing steps...i agree with u, it does seem like a hoax...nevermind eh?
__
arthur_p_huxake
Old May 19, 2002, 08:11 PM

The file is bigger cos it is to be inserted in the nero image.
The file contains CRC data for every 2048 bytes. Its why is bigger.

Take a look at the Buildnrg.bat file...

Anyway this needs to be cracked.

And why I don't think this is real:

The Bleem disc when starts running shows a "Not Produced by Sega", in the botton of the "Produced by Sega" screen.
This one don't show this screen. But this is beta, so this ca be true... or fake...
Only the time will show.
Old May 20, 2002, 01:13 AM
Veteran

So this doesn't work?
I'm not an expert, but somebody gotta know what they're doing here. Hope this isn't fake.