CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 05, 2002, 11:00 AM

Default Xbox Video Fake?????????

sponsored links

I took this off xbox-scene.com

As much as I WANTED to believe that the video was real theres just too much obviousness in it that it is fake. I watched the video ATLEAST 20 times... and i bought it for the first 8-10 or so... BUT then i noticed tiny problems untill it was 100% obvious that it was not legit, which I will go through right now.

#1 The scribble frame between Xbox Logo and BloodWake logo (someones changing the channel)
#2 When he ejects the game it says channel3, THEN goes to the Xbox logo, THEN the console (biggest give away is right there... when you use tvmode's on a tvmode it goes TVinput1, TVinput2, Antenna/Cable input. So DVDRW Xbox was TVInput1, bloodwake was input2, and they had to pass over Cable input before they got back to input1. The xbox continues to send a Signal to the Television when it is on, even when ejecting, so there is 0% reason it should say Ch3)
to top THAT off when he switches back to input1 it hasnt registered that hes ejected it yet so it still has the XBox logo before it goes back to the console

oh and a slighter less convincing reason:
#3 the controller he reaches for is very far off to the right, and as hes moving the controller it doesnt wiggle or move at all with his movements.

Sorry to dissapoint everyone, but it is truely blatantly obvious once you look over all those facts

This new information only refers to the VIDEO, the ISO's are still legit, just they are not CURRENTLY useable for the Retail Xbox.

PS. ok... people have given good reasons why my reasons are wrong... anyway Ive heard from "somewhat" reliable sources that it is fake. So maybe my reasons arent accurate but its still not a REAL video.. but like i said the ISO's are..... the "day" is approaching

hmmm suppose besides inputs it could be a debug xbox with a regular case.. anyone know what the dash looks like on the debug? oh well Im over it.. time to look ahead, thanks for your input guys

Last edited by capitalcarnage; May 05, 2002 at 11:03 AM.
Old May 06, 2002, 08:43 AM

yeh, also noticed that just b4 he ejects the disk theres a load of pointing and whispering and i think he says "quick change the channel" lol quite funny, but a few flaws lol culd have been good!
Old May 06, 2002, 07:24 PM
Veteran

they have released a second video which does actually look quite convincing.
I was a sceptic with the first video, but the second one does look a lot better (although someting doesn't seem quite right but thats probably just me)
wether its real or not thanks to them for keeping us entertained
Old May 06, 2002, 09:23 PM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by psibob84 [/i]
[B]they have released a second video which does actually look quite convincing.
I was a sceptic with the first video, but the second one does look a lot better (although someting doesn't seem quite right but thats probably just me)
wether its real or not thanks to them for keeping us entertained [/B]
Can you give the link for the second?
Old May 07, 2002, 03:32 AM
Veteran

well m8s
i was at bowlers saturday and i can guarantee i saw a xbox playing a copy burned onto a tdk cdr self boot
he demonstrated it in front of me
the xbox was set up on the piranha stall
Old May 07, 2002, 03:45 AM

Can confirm that, was totally stunned but had a good look and was genuine