CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 09, 2002, 02:58 AM

Default i finally brought the xbox

sponsored links

i finally got the xbox last night with halo, max payne and doa3, i havent tested it properly but when i run it through my sony 5.1 amp i get pro logic sound witht he games.. does xboxs games ply in pro logic/ dolby?? it is massive doesnt go with my sony tv, sony amp, sony video, sony dvd and of course with my ps2 .. got to say the controller isnt that bad as i thought it was though playing doa3 was werid as im use to using sony button setup
Old May 09, 2002, 03:51 AM
Veteran

It still won't play mp3's though..... (or copy them to the HD) I'm sad about that unless there is something I'm missing. CFizz

Those games are the great ones! I really like this system and it's only starting. I have the games there plus about 10 others. Spiderman is the latest one I picked up, not bad.

You can always get the smaller controller in the future since it's out now. It is nice. I have both the Japanese one and the new smaller one...later.

Last edited by CousinFizz; May 09, 2002 at 03:55 AM.
Old May 09, 2002, 03:55 AM

yea i heard it did i was disappointed about that ..... its a bit sad that it doesnt read audio cdrs .. overall i think the machine is good.. still trying to figure where im gonna put it :-)... cousinfizz you got a ps2 as well if i remeber form the ps2 forum i think both machines are good i cannt find the a winner between the two what you think ?
Old May 09, 2002, 04:00 AM
Veteran

Yeah, Since the X-Box is the new kid on the block I kinda lean it's way. It has so much going for it right now. So much so Sony is already planning on a 3rd system and they have even come out and said 'They must do something!' I'm very pleased with it and it's games. I just don't seem to have the time to play it like I want.

I even have a GameCube but I only have a couple of games for it. I'm not to excited about it. X-Box and PS2 are what I"ll stay with..... cya!

You can't go wrong with either system........ (you don't have to buy a HD for the X-box)
Old May 09, 2002, 04:07 AM

funny you should mention the gamecube i think im gonne get one of those tooo but much later in the year [ even though i cursed the N64 and vowed nevr to buy Nintendo again]

i wonder what else the xbox can do...... have you got the dvd add on? what you think of it?
Old May 09, 2002, 04:11 AM
Veteran

i have the dvd add-on..for me it works much better than the obsolete ps2 dvd playback..ps2 would never play my dvd's right..haven't had a problem with any dvd i've tried so far with x-box.