CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 13, 2002, 02:33 AM
Veteran

Default A Question About The Chips & Microsoft

sponsored links

Right, these chips will be on the net and people like Bill Gates will be able to get them. Couldnt Microsoft get the chips and figure out what they can do to prevent people playing copied games like put protections on cd's or in there new machines add something else.

Ps, just thought about this whilst sleeping, so if it dont make sence sorry lol
Old May 13, 2002, 02:58 AM

sony did that with psx and ps2 but when new ps2 models came out so did new chips. the enigmah chip is flash upgradable so it supports updates as well.
Old May 13, 2002, 03:19 AM

If Bill changes the software so it wont run on the modchips then the groups will release patches to get rid of this protection.

If this chip is flash upgradable can someone tell me how they are going to do this ? If you need to upgrade it you are going to have to open up your xbox, desolder the chip, reflash it and then solder it back ?
Old May 13, 2002, 03:54 AM
Veteran

it would be my beleif that the chips are somehow write protected. i know the rectangle chip is a hacked dev bios and the lattice has a write protect for it.... most likely if the chip needs upgraded, there will be an iso released and you would just pop a disk in with the iso provided by the chip makers.
Old May 13, 2002, 04:00 AM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by dcsurfer [/i]
[B]most likely if the chip needs upgraded, there will be an iso released and you would just pop a disk in with the iso provided by the chip makers. [/B]
this sounds cool, but can anyone confirm it?