CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 22, 2002, 04:41 PM

Default Ps2 DVD swap method with neo key external modchip

sponsored links

Well for those of you that might not know, you can play DVD-R's on your PS2 if you have only a NEO 2 or 2.2 chip installed in your system...you do not need a NEO 4 or a Messiah chip installed!

Things you need to play DVD-R PS2 games!

1.PS2 (duh!)
2.Original PS2 DVD Games(Preferably Devil May Cry)
or Demo of the same.
3.Gameshark2 V.1.7 or V1.9
4.DVD-R Game

First off the reason for having a Original PS2 DVD game is because you will be doing a Double Swap..and you need a DVD Original where the Table of Contents (TOC) is bigger then the DVD-R you are trying to boot up, and right now Devil May Cry is the biggest game out on the market..it's 4.6Gb!!

As of right now only the 2 versions of Gameshark I mentioned above will work for booting up DVD-R's.

Now some of you are probably thinking.. "I have to go spend money on Devil May Cry and even though I already have a Gameshark I have to go spend more // on a v1.7 or v1.9 "

Well NO you don't!! This is why I'm writing this email!! to save everybody some money!!

Instead of spending possibly just to be able to boot up DVD-R's you only need to spend !!

First..right now at "Babbages" you can buy a DEMO VERSION of Devil May Cry for just $1.99 ...and for some reason I'm not sure why , even though it is a DEMO it is still 4.6gb!!!! So that is all you need for your Origianl PS2 DVD Game!

And as far as the Gameshark is concerned...all you have to do is go to www.gameshark.com and click on Playstation 2 on the left..and then Select Upgrade Gameshark, and Interact will send you the latest verison which is V.1.9 for just ..it does say v1.6, but after calling Interact myself (you should call too) they told me they are actually shipping out v1.9. You do not need any kind of proof that you already own a Gameshark or anything..just simply order the Upgrade disc.

They will only send you the Disc itself..so you still need to keep your Gameshark Key that you already have..you will still need that.

Well I hope this information will be helpfull to some of you, here is the step by step instructions for booting up a PS2 DVD-R once you have all the required parts.

PLAYSTATION 2 DVD-R BOOT METHOD (with mod-chip)

1.)1st Plug In Your Gameshark Key in Memory Card Slot 1 (if not using a Memory Card, if you are using a Memory Card, Insert key in second memory card slot)

2.)Turn Your Ps2 System On - from back power switch

3.)Eject tray & Insert the Gameshark CD1 (CD2 is for playstation 1 games)

4.)Now Keep & HOLD the Top Reset Button. Do Not Let Go of the Reset Button till Step #10

5.)Wait for Gameshark 2 START UP SCREEN to appear.

6.)With other Hand on Controller - Select START GAME (still keeping finger on reset button)

7.)Ok, Now at WITH/WITHOUT CODE Screen (still keeping finger on reset button) using your other hand, Eject tray and take gameshark cd out of tray and insert you Original DMC game, then close tray!

8.)Count to 10 seconds, select at "without codes" then hit "X" (still keeping finger on reset button)

9.)Now count for another 5 seconds at the "Please insert Game Cd" & Hit "X" screen,

10.)Finally Let Go Of The Reset Button -> Tray Should pop out with the Original Ps2 Game, you have 4 seconds to swap with DVD-R Backup Game. -> Tray will now close automatically!

11.)As Soon As Tray closes hit "X" key.

12.)Screen should Load right away & Go Black (game is booting up).

The game will now load! And You Are Ready To Rock-n-Roll! ~ HAVE FUN!!

THIS METHOD IS HARDER TO DO.. BUT HEY, THESE ARE FULL NON-EDITED DVD-ROM PS2 GAMES! Either Try it this way or buy the original. :=)

*For Any Reason Backup Doesn't Boot Up, repeat process from step 3

Have a great one and take care!........Thanks "Bboy"! CFizz

My question is Will this work with the neo key external modchip for ps2?