CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 22, 2002, 10:20 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Glad you enjoyed that Inertia
I thought it was timely!

Yes all of the first TDK 12x drives were Plextor then they switched to Sanyo for the 16x and the first 24x units. The tip off for any LiteOn drive is the SmartBurn label as it is a LiteOn Trademark
Buslink and others are also the LiteOn burner.
I don't know that LiteOn has released a 32x drive yet?
I will say this for TDK they have alwayz delivered quality drives no matter who the original Manufacture was

And yes Roger I was one of those (cough) customers who bought those High End Phono Carts until Audio Technica and a few others starting selling them more reasonably priced.
Can you say Empire running a Stanton EEE cartridge. How about a Thorson or one of my faves and I had it for years the Philips GA 212

Last edited by Hoss; Jan 22, 2002 at 10:56 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2002, 10:41 PM
Veteran

Cool

Roger, I still have a couple of the Shure V15 Type II's around here somewhere. I can't remember what I paid for them, but I know that they were considered a premium cartridge. Whatever I paid, it was too much.

The high end audio industry still works the same way. Take a look at the [url=***********.fullswing.com/salon/][b]Full Swing hi fi[/b] site. Some of the stuff in there is so scammy that it's hilarious. Remember the green marker on the CD theory (supposed to improve audio quality)? They are selling CD Stoplight, which sounds like a variation on the theme.

Or, you can buy one meter long audio connect cables for $250, and only $125 per extra meter. The site is full of these ripoffs, which have always appealed to the more neurotic monied hi-fi addict.
Old Jan 22, 2002, 10:49 PM

My thanks for all the constructive posts. Downloading the trial version is the one thing I hadn't tried yet. Thanks for the links Inertia and Hoss. I'm having much better response from the site now that it's not the middle of the day. I'll learn one day. Many thanks once more. Have one on me.
Old Jan 23, 2002, 01:53 PM

Uninstalled Nero and downloaded NERO5564.exe. Did this twice with following error when attempting to open it, "Install program corrupted, maybe it was damaged during downloading. /bAborting installation."
The version of the NERO bundled cd is 5.5.5.6
Yes I am running W98se, CD-RW Sec. Ide/master.
Have gone through your link =*threadid=6832 and made the appropriate changes.
Did have EZCD installed while using W95, but didn't after going to W98se.
I suspected that the DCD version 1.01 I was using under W95 was no longer compatible with W98 since it's 3 years old, and that's the reason I was having problems with my old Mitsumi CD-R. Started to upgrade to later versions of DCD, but the further I went, I began reading that DCD prior to DCD 5 does not support W98se, so uninstalled DCD 1.01 and the updates to, I think it was 3.01. Did the reviews of Liteon and had always heard good things about NERO, thus the Liteon 24102B, 24X10X40 CDRW. It was time anyway.
Have searched for any leftover DCD or even EZCD files to delete. Don't find any, which of course means nothing.
Start to suck my thumb now in the fetal position.

Last edited by greybeerded; Jan 23, 2002 at 01:57 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2002, 02:22 PM

See if someone has a copy of the 5.5.6.4 installer and can run a MD5 checksum on it (e.g. D/L from ***********.stgeorge.com.au/eCash/verify
I can't do it right now because 1) i am @ work 2) in the meantime version of nero has changed on site to 5572.
If the two checksums are the same you have downloaded the real thing and the prob is somewhere else.
Old Jan 23, 2002, 03:18 PM

Talking Regedit does wonders!!!

Ok here's an idea that hasn't been mentioned just yet. Have you tried uninstalling NERO and then editing the registry? If NERO is giving you this much of a headache I recomend doing this. Go to run and type regedit. Then do a search for nero. Delete all the keys that have nero in it. After this reboot and reinstall NERO. This way you have a clean install. ( End user note, be very careful when editing the registry. If your not sure what your doing find someone who does! )

Thanks, and good luck!!

X